Monday, June 11, 2012

Nashville/CMA Fest- Days 11 & 12

My final weekend in Nashville, as well as the last two days of the festival, were good. I didn't end up seeing all that much music (other than the bands in the bars) but I did hang out a bunch with my friends, which is what I wanted to do. As a matter of fact, out of the four nights of concerts at LP Field, I only went to one of them, the first one. The other three nights I did not go. This is despite the fact that I had a ticket, in a pretty good location, which I paid a lot of money for, and that the concerts featured lots of headline acts including some of my favorite artists (I even passed on going to see Carrie Underwood). Why did I do this? Because I felt that staying and hanging out with my friends would be more fun than going to the concerts. Because though I'm sure I would've enjoyed the music and seeing acts like Carrie Underwood and Luke Bryan, I'd be doing it all by myself. I went the first night and it's a long walk (or I could take a cab or try to catch a free shuttle) and there weren't any people sitting around me that I had an interest in interacting with, so it was mostly a solo venture and experience. Add to that the fact that due to how late they start the show (8:00ish) and how many acts they include, each act only plays about six or seven songs, including the "headline" or closing act of the night. And by the time I get back into downtown after the show, it's 12:30 or 1am, which means I only have an hour or two to hang out in the bars, which is less than I'd like. So between all those factors, I chose to stay and hang out with my friends all night and literally waste the money I spent on my tickets, rather than go see the stadium shows the last three nights. But do I regret it? No. I had a good time hanging out with everyone and meeting some new people and listening to the bands play in the bars and doing a little dancing and a lot of drinking.
There's not really much else that I did this weekend other than hang out with my friends and drink. Yesterday one of them had a BBQ at his house and he and his roommates had a bunch of people over, many of whom I knew from throughout the week. It was a really good time. Really good food, good people, and good times. Tommy Barnes, the songwriter who I first met earlier in the week, was there and entertained us all with his storytelling and by even playing a few songs for us. He's a really good storyteller and really funny and entertaining, as well as a really nice and good guy.
Well, that was about it for my weekend (aside from the charity celebrity softball game on Saturday, but I mentioned that in my last post). For some people, yesterday was their last day in Nashville and they're now going home. My two closest friends out of the group are leaving tomorrow. Some live here in Nashville. As for myself, I'm still scheduled to be here until Friday morning. This means I have one more day with my aforementioned closest friends, and after that we'll see what I do. Maybe I'll hang out with some of the people in the group who live here, or maybe I'll try to connect and hang out with some other people I've met who live here, or maybe some of both. We'll see. But for today, it's one more day with this cool group of people (or those that are still here) that I've been so blessed to be included in for the last week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment