Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nashville/CMA Fest- Day 3

Today was a nice day. A little less eventful maybe than I would like, but there were certainly some good parts. I started off by actually making it to breakfast this morning in the hotel. So that was nice. I later went into downtown where I visited my favorite boot store, Boot Country, as well as their sister store, Nashville Cowboy, and then I had lunch at the Wildhorse Saloon. After that I felt a little tired (and also a little sick--it seems I have a cold acting up again) and was kinda without anything to do (I had planned on walking around Centennial Park and visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame, but I chose to go to the aforementioned other places instead, and it was past closing time at Hall of Fame by the time I was done), so I went back to my hotel room, where I took a nap and a little medicine.

I then got up and headed back into town for my first ever non-CMA-Fest-week Friday night in Nashville. My initial plan was to go to Tootsie's and then possibly go to Loser's (a bar where I know one of the bartenders and where some country stars like to go) depending on how things went. When I entered Tootsie's I was pleased to see Scott Collier (the singer who invited me on stage to sing a few times last night) performing. It turned out that he was toward the end of his performance set when I got there, but I saw him do a couple songs, and was very pleased and excited that he invited me back on stage (I was hoping he would) to do "Dirt Road Anthem" with him again, which was actually his last song of the night. That was of course very fun. While I was on stage I noticed some guitar picks in a mic stand, so after they finished I asked for one, which they gave me, and which I will be putting on my necklace.

Another cool thing that happened when I got to go onstage and perform with Scott tonight was that I ended up meeting a couple pretty ladies and their significant others. The ladies took a picture or two with me, and were very friendly. So much so that they invited me to hang out with them the rest of the night, and the rest of the trip. One of them is also very knowledgable in medicine and is actually familiar with my trach (pronounced "trake", short for tracheostomy tube, the white thing in my neck). So that was cool. As I said, these ladies and their significant others, were very nice and I enjoyed hanging out with them. They come to Nashville often (one of them lives here), and they know a lot of people, and introduced me to several. One of the people they know is the aforementioned bartender that I know at Loser's, Katie Jo. Funny story, we were actually on our way to go over to Loser's after Tootsie's, but we stopped at another bar called Swingin' Doors Saloon, I think because they wanted to say hi to someone, and it turned out that Katie Jo works there, and was working that night (I don't know if any of them knew that; I didn't)! So I got to see her and talk to her a bit, and that was great!

After spending a few hours there, my new friends left to go home, at which point I decided to leave the bar as well and go to some other bars. I went to a few, none of which were incredibly fun unfortunately, and then ended the night with a grilled cheese at Paradise Trailer Park (a restaurant and bar that serves food until late at night) and then went back to my hotel and went to bed. All in all, not a bad Friday night in Nashville, thanks to Mr. Scott Collier, my new friends that I met, and the pleasure of getting to see Katie Jo for the first time this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment