Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nashville/CMA Fest- Day 4

Today was a fun day. I woke up to a text message from one of my new friends. That was nice to see them follow through with their word that we would hang out today. They are very nice people, and I had a fun time with them today. I actually ended up spending the entire day with them.

I started by joining them at a beach bar called the Rusty Nail over in Hermitage, a city just outside of Nashville. We hung out there and talked and drank and ate some food. I had a pizza, which I was pleased to find was really good. One really big thing that happened to me while we were there was they introduced me to a guy named Tom (I forget his last name), who is a really big songwriter in Nashville. He's written songs recorded by Tim McGraw (and possibly other big artists, I don't know). I gave him my business card and he said he'd contact me later on. He was very nice.

After this we went over to Loser's, the bar I mentioned yesterday where I know a bartender (who they're friends with too) and where some country stars like to go. We stayed there for a little bit, and then ended up leaving so they could go home and get ready for the rest of the night. I think the initial plan may have been to come back to Loser's, but that didn't end up happening. One cool thing that happened while we were there, though, was they introduced me to another bartender they know there, whose name is Crystal. She's very nice, and I enjoyed meeting her.

After going back to the house and getting ready for the rest of the night, we went over to a bar called Buck Wild for a bit, I believe because they wanted to say hi to someone. We then went to Swingin' Doors  again, where Katie Jo was again working. We hung out there for a while. One funny note is that while we were here, the Kings game finished up, ending in overtime with the Kings winning. The part that's kinda funny, or maybe ironic or just a funny coincidence, is that three of the four main people I'm hanging out with, as well as a friend of theirs who joined us last night, are from New Jersey, which is the team that the Kings are playing in the Stanley Cup Final. So that was kinda fun to have that friendly competition between me and them.

After spending a few hours there, we went back over to Buck Wild, where we hung out a bit longer before most of them called it a night. I stayed at the bar, first with four of the other people, eventually reducing to just me and one of them. He and I went over to Sbarro's and had a slice of pizza, before he called it a night as well. My night was pretty much over at this point too, as all the bars were closing. Two more notes about tonight, one fortunate and one unfortunate. The unfortunate one is that when we were at Swingin' Doors, I was given a CD by a guy who I had met the night before and given my business card to, who is a songwriter and maybe also a singer. The unfortunate part is that I later lost his CD somewhere, as I had been carrying it in my pocket, and it must have fallen out. He said he's going to contact me later on so we can meet up and write together, which I hope we do, but that stinks that I lost his CD. The fortunate note is that also while we were at Swingin' Doors, we ran into a guy named John Stone (not the same one from the other night at Tootsie's, although this John Stone is also friends with Scott Collier and was at Tootsie's with him last night), who is a singer/songwriter. He's friends with at least some of my new friends, and invited me to his birthday party tomorrow night. That should hopefully be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment