Friday, June 1, 2012

Nashville/CMA Fest 2012- Day 1


Today was the first day of my trip. I flew out of Burbank in the afternoon, and, after an hour and a half layover in Phoenix, arrived in Nashville at 10:30pm local time. The second flight was a little late in leaving and arriving, but both flights and the layover went well. I then took a taxi to the hotel, and after a couple phone calls and checking SportsCenter for the result of the Kings game, went downtown to check out Broadway. I went to a few bars, eventually closing down Legends, where I had my first two drinks of the trip and only two drinks of the night. I met the artist performing there--his name is Ryan Olson--he’s a cool guy. Legends closed at around 2:15 and I was disappointed to see all the other bars were closed too when I left Legends (bars don’t have to close until 3 here I think). I then hailed a cab (though somewhat reluctantly once I got in it, as I was thinking I maybe wanted to go to Paradise Trailer Park for some food and possible additional socializing) and went back to the hotel, where I am now going to bed. All in all, not a bad day or start to the trip. I’m glad to be back in Nashville; time to get up tomorrow and make it a great first full day here!

No comments:

Post a Comment